Branchville, New Jersey

Welcome To Branchville...(or should we say Mayberry RFD :)
"On or about the year 1690 William H. Beemer settled here on 1,000 acres of land and built the first mill.  James Haggerty purchased this land in 1793 and built additional successful mills lending the area the name known as "Brantown" due to the many mills located here.  Named "Branchville" in 1821 by Schoolmaster Samuel Bishop.  The post office opened in 1824.  William H. (Billy) Bell established a railroad line in 1869.  In 1882 a devastating fire ravaged most of the Village of Branchville.  Charles Crisman erected a dam and powerhouse along the Culver Brook to generate power in 1892."

The marker commemorating the history of Branchville, NJ, was placed in the year 2005.  This marker is located in the Branchville Borough Park on Wantage Avenue/Sussex County Route 519.

Search Branchville, New Jersey Homes for Sale

All information deemed to be reliable but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the IDX Program of Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. Real estate listings held by other brokerage firms are marked as IDX Listing. This information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
The dissemination of listings on this website does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker.
Copyright © 2018 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.

Today's Market Trends for Branchville, New Jersey *

$355,960

0.02%

$195

0.01%

50

-0.07%

September

August

 

54

60

 

 

-0.1%

-0.03%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable
Chart Temporarily Unavailable

* All data pertains to single-family homes